Saturday, March 15, 2014

How to Get the Japanese Government Scholarship (Monbukagakusho):Written Examination

Taking the written examination is the second stage in the Research Student Scholarship application process. You will only reach this stage if you qualify in the document screening so make sure that you prepare your applications documents with care. For this category, applicants are only asked to take the English and the Japanese examination. For other categories like the undergraduate and the professional training school, additional subjects are required like math and science.
japanese government scholarship screening process tips

Applicants in my country are only required to take the English exam, which I have to say is very basic. You can answer the English exam even if you are half-awake. Yes, it’s that easy – just basic subject-verb agreement, a few items on reading comprehension and some fill-in-the-blanks. If you are proficient in English, I bet, you will finish the exam under the allotted time.

The other exam is Japanese. I am glad, this is not required. If you intend not to answer it, you can just write your name on the test paper, leave it on top of your desk then go. Yes, it’s that easy! But if you have some background on Japanese, you might want to challenge yourself and answer it. Since this exam is only optional, the results of this exam will not affect your chances of moving to the next stage. Even if you answer it or not, you still have a fair chance of passing this stage. So maybe, now you’re wondering, what is this exam for? The embassy said it will be used to evaluate your Japanese language ability so they can place you in the proper Japanese class when you arrive in Japan. I have a very basic knowledge of Japanese at the time of my application but I didn’t bother to take the exam because I might just mess up if I try to answer it

. What was even crazier was that I had a flight to Puerto Princesa, Palawan right on the same day! I carried my luggage to the exam room, ran as fast as I can after the exam to hail a cab and went straight to the airport right after my exam. What an easy exam but what a stressful day. 

Since this stage is very easy, there is no preparation required, except of course if you need to brush on your English grammar rules on the subject-verb agreement or if you plan to take the optional Japanese exam.

However, the next stage of the application process takes its toll. For me, is the scariest of all – the panel interview. See this link for details How to Get the Japanese Government Scholarship (Monbukagakusho): Panel Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment